Wednesday, April 10, 2013

T'n'T's Confidential: Nikki Prince



Happy Thursday, everyone! Today I bring with me another awesome author and another free read for you to discover! Nikki Prince is under the spotlight with her free read Irish Comfort.

 

Imani Parker has had it with just friendship with Skylar Magee. Saint Patrick's Day will either make them a couple or break them. She wants to show him that his place is with her and she is the only home he needs.  She invites Skylar to dinner for Saint Patrick's Day and plans to show him that they can be lucky in love.
 


Available from:
 


Welcome Nikki, please, tell us about your latest release…

My latest release is called Irish Comfort.  It’s a story about love and friendship and of course hot sex.

How did you come up with the idea for this story?

I wanted to do a free read and I also wanted to do a Saint Patrick’s Day story.  Once I decided that’s what I wanted the story came to me.

Describe in 3 to 5 words the characters from Irish Comfort.

Intense, fun, loving and passionate.

What was the hardest part about writing Irish Comfort?  

The short length, because with a short story as short as this one is, I had to make sure that there was a true connection between the characters and that it wasn’t rushed.

What’s your usual writing process like?

I get an idea and I just write what comes. I’m a panster and can never plot to save my life.

What are we going to see next from you?

I’m currently writing a series within the Naughty Fairy Tale series from Evernight Publishing.  It’s great fun.  So far I have Waking Beauty (releases May 2013), Cinda’s Fella (June 2013) and Ridin’ Red (June 2013) and I’m currently working on a fourth story and have an idea for a fifth.

Delving into the mind of the author…

Complete the following sentences:

If you were a fruit you’d be__Strawberry_____ 
If you were a tree you’d be ___Magnolia Tree____ 
If you were a car you’d be ___60 series Mustang____ 
If you were a candy bar you’d be   ____a snickers___ 
If you were a holiday you’d be___Christmas_____


Bonus question:

If you had a super power it’d be ____the power to make everyone love everyone.  Why?  There is just too much hate going on in this world.  So sad.


Author Bio
Nikki Prince is a mother of two, who’s always had a dream to be a published author in the romance genre. Her passion lies in raising her children as readers, gaming, cooking, reading and her writing. Her mother can now breathe easy about the child who used to get in trouble because she was hiding books everywhere and reading when it wasn’t appropriate.

Nikki’s a multi-published author with several epublishing houses. She loves to write Interracial romances in all genres, but wants to let everyone know to not box her in, because there is always room for growth.

Nikki’s also a member of Romance Writer’s of America National chapter (http://www.rwa.org) and OCC/RWA local chapter (http://www.occrwa.org) and is a member of the board as Co-Programs Director.  She is also a member of the online chapter Passionate Ink RWA.

Nikki would love to hear from you…
 
 


How about a teaser excerpt?


Teaser:
“Boxty on the griddle, boxty on the pan; if you can’t make boxty, you'll never get a man’.” –Irish Folktale
“Girl, do you even know how to make Irish food?”
Imani looked over at her sister Sonia and laughed. Sonia had the most skeptical look on her face. “Yes, Soni, I can make Irish food. Besides before Sky’s mother passed away she’d sent me her recipes for everything that I’ve made for him tonight.”
Sonia crossed her brown eyes and made a silly face at her, and Imani could not stop the laugh that escaped.
“Do you think I’d try to pretend I knew how to cook it? If I did that this whole plan could backfire.”
“What are you planning on making him?” Sonia took a deep breath. “Least it smells good in here, so I guess you do get what you’re doing.” She chuckled.
“I’m making bangers and mash, along with corn beef and cabbage and boxties.”
“Okay, I’ve heard of the first two, but what the heck are boxties?”
“Basically an Irish potato pancake.” She couldn’t stop the smile that spread over her face as she perused her sister.
“So tell me your plan again?” Sonia questioned.
“Basically, Soni, Skylar has been feeling homesick. I plan to show him some Southern California comfort via the Irish way.”
“Ah, so the whole ‘the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach’ deal?”
“In a nutshell, yes, that’s exactly my plan. Sky hasn’t been himself lately and the closer we got to today, which is Saint Patrick’s Day, it’s gotten even worse. I want to show him that home is wherever he lays his head and that I can take care of him and give him what he needs. I want him to smile again.”

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me Elyzabeth. It's a pleasure to be on your blog.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.