Wednesday, June 26, 2013

TnT Confidential: Morgan King and Her Type of Guy

If you're here for the Dirty Birdies Blog Hop Click HERE! 

Now, welcome to another TnT installment, the last one of the month of June! Today I have with me author Morgan King and her latest release, the anthology Her Type of Guy (yep, on Tuesday Doris O'Connor was talking about the same anthology- but that's the fun thing, different author, different story *grin*)


Welcome, Morgan!

It’s not your first visit to In A Dream Beyond, but it is your first interview, so I must ask: When did you start writing and why?

I started writing a couple of years ago for a few reasons:
a)      I was reading too much and spending far too much money on e-books.
b)      I kept wanting to read a regency ménage where the characters and story were genuinely believable and largely in keeping with the period. Given that I couldn’t find one I thought why not write it!
c)      I’d had my son and only gone back to work part time and for the first time felt that following your heart and doing something you want isn’t just about having the time or opportunity to do it, but the will power to make it happen. There was little time between being a parent and working so it had to be about driving myself to use any time I did have. Then I have to admit 90% of Duty to Love sat on the computer for 18 months after my twelve year relationship and marriage ended and I found myself a single parent and single for the first time in my adult life. I spent a fair bit of time rediscovering myself and before the end of 2012 the one thing I decided I really wanted to do for me and to hopefully make something good out of the year was submit my story, so I finished and did J.

What’s your favorite part of the writing process? And your least favorite?
I find there are different points when I get really excited; when an idea pops into my head that I know is going to work, when my head and hands are on the same computer and the writing just flows and when if it’s been a struggle it all comes together and the story is complete.

Least favourite would have to be when it’s obvious something is not working and I have to cut bits out. I lovingly copy and paste them into a separate document just in case they are ever needed again.

Historical, paranormal, contemporary… what’s your favorite genre?
Love them all!!! Historical is probably right at the very top though, the others all like to jump and wave their hands in the air to reach highest, it just never lasts for more than a moment when they do.

Tell us about your current release, what was your inspiration for it?
My latest, latest is not just mine but an anthology, which arose out of a conversation with some fellow UK authors. We inspired and motivated each other!

Her Type of Guy (Naughty Short Story Collection)

For every desire, there's a man to meet it. Someone's annoyance is another's kink. In this naughty collection of short stories, indulge your fantasies, and follow our heroines as they find just the right type of guy or guys…

From bouncing cocks to virgins, slow coaches, true Scotsmen, and messy play partners, sex toy experts and their mischievous friends—these guys are in need of their ladies. Why is one guy too grumpy to believe, another always too early? And can there ever be a future with a hired killer?

Only one way to find out. You might just meet your ideal guy.

What’s your favorite scene from this story? Why?

This is my favourite bit from mine…
Do you have matching panties on?” He didn’t wait for her answer; hooking his fingers into the waistband of her skirt he guided it to the floor, and let her rest her hands on his shoulders as she stepped her feet out.
“I forgot, either you didn’t have any on to start with or you took them off for me at the restaurant. No, don’t tell me. I think they got so wet you took them off.” He leaned in to inhale her fragrance, his cheek brushing her curls in an intimate caress.
“Oh shit.” The voice from the doorway made Matt spin round, nearly falling on his arse in his haste.

…especially as I know what happens next.

In three to five words, why will we fall in love with the main characters of this novel?

In terms of the anthology, because they’re all so different, there’s something for everyone!

Now, how about a quickie?

Favorite time of day- Evening, when my son falls asleep in my arms (even though he is 5). Less keen on his methods of waking me up.

Coffee or Tea – I have a tempestuous relationship with coffee, but never drink tea.

Sweet or spicy- Together please!

Beach, woods or city- I live near woods which is fab, but would love to live closer to a remote beach.

Left or right- Left.

Top or bottom - Interchangeable.

Best song to make love to – I always remember Sade (band and there music no just a particular song, the album in question was A best of).

A personal anecdote… Hmmm….I once jumped into an outdoor pool in the winter, here in England where it’s cold, with my clothes on all because my brother offered me a whole bag of jelly babies. My mother was not impressed and I didn’t get the sweets. I don’t think she was impressed the time my brother and sister convinced me to play pooh sticks with my shoes either, or when in Jamaica they threw my arm bands away from me in the deep end of the pool and a lady in her Sunday best thought I was drowning and jumped in to save me. Are you sensing the theme here!

Her Type of Guy can be purchased here, here, and here:


Find Me…
Twitter:  Morgan King @EroticWritings 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.