Monday, July 29, 2013

TnT Confidential: Shannan Albright and her Dark Hunter

Happy Tuesday, everyone! On today's TnT Confidential (the last one of the month of July- wow, time flies!) I have an awesome author sitting under the glare of my bright lamp. Please welcome Shannan Albright and her latest release, paranormal romance Dark Hunter. 



Vampire Mari Ankamunan struggles to pick up the pieces of her life after her bar The Asp becomes a war zone between the Enforcers and members of the Preservation Society, who want all dark breeds wiped out. The sudden appearance of the only man she ever loved brings her world to a crashing halt, for she witnessed his brutal murder two thousand years ago.

Navar’s spoken oaths to his Sire cost him Mari. Torn from her side by the sidhe queen, he is her Hunter, delivering justice for crimes against the breeds. Now freed he returns to his lovers side only to be caught in a dark plot where Mari is targeted for death.

The stakes are high, can they uncover a deadly plot against the Enforcers or will Navar lose Mari, forever by an assassin’s hand?


Available at:




Welcome to In A Dream Beyond, Shannan! This is your first time visit and as such, I must ask the obligatory question: When did you start writing and why?

I started writing when I started drawing. Having a story for every picture. Pretty soon I started writing without the pictures, using my art as a way to plot my stories out rather than be the story. I had so many stories in my head I had to get them out on paper.

What's your favorite part of the writing process? Least?

My favorite is everything except the first three chapters. For some reason I end up with three different rewrites before I feel it’s good enough to continue on.

I’ve noticed that besides the Dark Breed Enforcers series, you’ve also written The Knights of Excalibur series and have started a new series called The Summoning. Do you prefer to write series or stand-alone novels? Why?

Believe me they don’t start out that way lol! It just seems that the other characters in my books start wanting to have their own and the plot just goes into a big story arc from the first book. I would like to do a stand-alone someday soon, it depends on the characters if they let me get away with it. :-)

The novel you’re showcasing today is called Dark Hunter and it’s a novella that ties in with the Dark Breed Enforcers series. What can you tell us about this series? Should we read it in any particular order? 

You can pick up either one of the first two books and be fine. Dark Hunter could be a little confusing since it marks the end of one story arc and the beginning of another. It heralds in much darker stories and situations, deepening what I have already built.

In a few words, why will we fall in love with Dark Hunter?

The characters are rich, multi-dimensional, the story fast paced. 

What’s next in the Dark Breed Enforcers series?

Zeke is next. His book is Dark Desire and ushers in a darker evil than they ever battled before.

Sizzling summer lightening round…

Sun, Sand and --

Beach or pool?

Give me sun, sand and the beach any day of the week. I’m there with bells on and frilly drink in hand. Come on by and we can pick out our cabana boys. *Evil grin*

Bathing suit, bikini or trikini?

Bathing suit, if it looks young and not like grandma grunt is in the house. I also like trikini’s.

Tanned or lobster red?

I have to watch how long I stay outside, not because I get red, I get too dark. I even tan in the shade. Yikes! All you see is my teeth at night if I really sun bathe. Lol!

A favorite summer read:

Anything paranormal with great plot, action and characters.

Popsicle or ice cream? What flavor?

Popsicle. My favorite is what we call in California a Big Stick, (no snickering) its pineapple and cherry and so yummy. Dang now I’m craving one.

Singing in the shower or in the rain?

I would rather sing in the rain if it’s a warm summer rain. Love the old MGM dancers like Gene Kelly and used to fantasize about dancing and singing in the rain with him. Of course I also fantasize I have a singing voice and don’t sound like a dying walrus. :-)

Thank you so very much for having me on your blog today.



Growing up she was the dreamer in her family, something not always thought of as a positive thing. As a child she would draw and build stories around her pictures, so writing was a natural extension for her. Recently a family member told her that from now on she would encourage those dreamers she knew. Stating with hard work and focus dreams can come true. Shannan Albright is proof that dreaming can be a positive thing.

When not writing she spends her time between oil painting and reading. She loves writing paranormal, urban fantasy, historical and fantasy romances because of the world building and rich characters she finds. She loves dark, edgy heroes and heroines overcoming impossible odds internal and external. 

She is a "hopeful" Romantic who believes a healthy relationship built on respect and a strong partnership is the key to a happy ever after.


Find Shannan








  We both know you want to read an excerpt...go on!



EXCERPT:

“I will do everything in my power to protect her, even lay down my life if it comes to that.” Navar’s words rang in the still air, spoken as an oath.
“Marcus will be relieved to find out Mari is well protected. I know after the incident with the Preservation Society, he has been concerned for her safety. Someday you must tell me how you secured your release.”
Mari blinked at the two men, feeling left out of the loop in the XY-chromosome chat. Males. Can’t live without them and can’t kill them. Irritation spiked into the red zone, her patience threadbare for the bullshit. Placing her diminutive self between the two towering males, she gave them both a fearless glare and fisted her hands on her hips.
All conversation stopped as they stared down at her with surprise. Good, now she had their attention. “I’ve been alive since the time of Cleopatra. I didn’t survive all those centuries by being a fucking weak female. I can fight, strategize, and I damn well have enough intellect in this ‘girly’ brain to figure out what I need to do to save my own hide, thank you very much. Now, if you don’t mind talking to me, not about me, it would be appreciated and might save your ball sacs from relocating somewhere north on your body. Are we clear, boys?”
Adrian threw his head back and roared a large rolling laugh that reverberated throughout the room. She blinked in surprise. She’d never once seen any enforcer laugh. Sure, they smiled, chuckled, and even smirked, but never laughed. She found it…disconcerting.
“Point taken. You will have your hands full with this little hellion, hunter. I don’t envy you.”
“Little hellion indeed. Yet well worth the extra trouble,” Navar agreed, his pale eyes darkening with hunger.
 


Available at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.