Tuesday, May 6, 2014

#TNTConfidential Author Interview to Vallory Vance & One Stormy Night

Last month she was here with the book, this month I've caught her for an interview. Please welcome, Vallory Vance and her novel One Stormy Night.


Alexis Joplin, popular host of the travel show, Overnight Stays, is embarking on her final scouting expedition with her partner and best friend, Shane Fowler. Over the course of the last two years, the duo has grown closer not only at work, but outside of the job. While their friends and co-workers may whisper that something more than friendship is the source of their mutual admiration, they deny it even as their personal feelings are reaching a critical apex.

Shrouded in the dark beauty of a hundred year old inn, while lightning flashes and thunder rumbles, neither Alexis nor Shane can hold on to the pretense any longer. They give in to one night of passion with the promise that in the morning, they’ll awake as friends.

But is it a promise they both can keep?



Welcome Vallory! As your first interview at the blog, I must ask: When did you start writing and why?
I started writing and not finishing short stories in middle school. By high school, I switched to poetry and songs. In college I wrote plays, then I stopped. I didn’t write anything except business correspondence for twenty years. I started writing again as a present to myself for my fortieth birthday.

Where does your inspiration come from?
All kinds of things – songs, poems, people I see on the train and overheard bits of conversations.

What’s your favorite genre?
I can’t choose between mystery and romance.

Describe your writing space.
I have a place in my bedroom with a silk screen as a “wall”. I have a desk (at this point the candles are taking over the desk and my laptop is hanging over the edge) and a bookshelf.

Tell us something about your new release that doesn’t appear in the blurb or excerpt.
Shane Fowler is one of those baseball fans who can give you stats of his favorite team going back fifteen years off the top of his head.

Your favorite line from your latest release is:
“Tomorrow morning, I’ll go back to being the naïve girl you charmed
into doing your laundry, and you can be the guy too nice to complain
about driving me everywhere, but for tonight I want to be with you.” Alexis Joplin to Shane Fowler

If you could change one thing from your heroes in your most recent release, what would it be and why?
I wouldn’t change Shane. I like him as he is. He’s sweet and a little on the nerdy side.


**May flowers and May…*

Mayhem. Tell us something crazy you´ve done: Back when I was in college, a group of friends and I attended a spring break festival held in Atlanta. Part of the events was a cruise down Peachtree Blvd. My little group and I were in a Geo Tracker with the top off. There were three of us in the backseat and we stood up and danced. I felt like a rock star until the car behind us tapped our bumper and I went flying into the roll bar. That hurt…really bad.
Favorite flower? Night jasmine.
A book to read this month—I’m reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King.
Strangest habit—I have to sleep on the side of a bed closest to the door.
A song to dance to—Timber!
Favorite spring attire—Shorts and T-shirt.



More about Vallory Vance

This new author is a color inside the lines Human Resources professional living in the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex by day. After her family consisting of a husband of almost twenty years, three kids and two dogs have filled her evenings with laughter, she sits down to her laptop to write tales of the first moments of falling in love when nothing else seems to matter.
As a fortieth birthday present to herself, she decided to share her stories. Vallory Vance is the pen name she uses to write contemporary romances that range from sweet to spicy.


Find Vallory on her blog – ValloryV ~ Sweet and Sexy Romances
 
 
~~~~  Excerpt ~~~~
“Alexis, you are a beautiful woman.”

“Thank you,” she mouthed.

The gentle breath she blew across his cheek tingled. The subsequent pucker of her lips against his skin burned. Desire to have her flamed in his groin, and not even the furious splatter of rain down his back doused it.

“You’re smart and funny and caring. A woman any man would want to wake up next to,” he whispered. Shane stopped fighting the urge.

He kissed her.

Shane savored the lingering tartness of the wine as he kissed her lips. Bursts of simmering raspberries and cherries tingled over his mouth, adding to the fire growing deep within him.For a few seconds after slipping his tongue inside her mouth, he thought he’d found relief from the gnawing ache.
Then she kissed him back, sweeping her tongue over and under his in slow, tantalizing circles. How many nights have I dreamed about kissing her like this?

“Damn.” He snapped his head back, excited by the tickle of the murmuring sounds coming from deep in her throat, and lifted Alexis into his lap.

The swing creaked from the sudden movement, but he wasn't going to let go just yet.

“Oh.”

He covered her mouth with his and caressed her breast. The lush mound was as firm, yet yielding to the squeeze of his hand, as he’d always imagined.

But he needed more than the feel of fabric to satisfy the awful thump between his legs. He slid his fingers under the dress’s crisscrossed neckline until he reached her nipple. Her tender skin shrunk into a point, making it easier to pluck while his tongue danced over hers.

“Shane.” Alexis moaned out his name.

He kissed down her the smooth skin of her neck, now wet from the rain splattering over them.

“Yes,” she whispered into his ear.

I’m not letting her go now. He licked closer to the spot where his fingers played.

Clunk. Clunk.

“Oh, shit.” Alexis tore away from him, staggering to her feet as the swing plummeted.


Available at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.